Friday, June 15, 2007

Well, my son has left for home this morning. He spent a week with us and did a lot of stuff for me. He cleaned our carpeting and then helped me set up for a garage sale that I'm having tomorrow. All I have left to do is pricing and sorting of cloths. My kitchen cupboards look wonderful because we lightened them up considerably. He even wiped them all down for me. What a great kid I have been blessed with. So his request for cards was a no brainer, however I didn't get to the last one. I got the two important ones done though.

Here is the baby card I made for him to give to a friend. I didn't know what I was going to do when I sat down to work on it. I remembered that I had this stamp set from the spring mini - still available until June 30th. So I experimented with coloring of the bear. I wanted to do the Gamsol and Prisma pencil coloring but I'm not real sure about my stumps (the tool you use to do the coloring with). There are different grades of them and I don't think I have the right ones. I also had to experiment with the right paper to use. I ended up with a water color paper and I'm okay with the results. If you want to see some exquisit coloring, go visit my dear friend Lunar Lana's gallery on SCS. Her work is outstanding.

So once I figured out the coloring I asked Nick if the couple new if it was a boy or girl and he said they didn't know. So I decided to go the yellow route because I had to use my yellow Cindy ribbon (Starlit Studio's - link on the right) . But just yellow didn't make it so I tried the orange (inspired by the ribbon) and BINGO !! That was it. I softened the orange a little by putting craft white around the edges, direct to paper style.

The heart is a little chipboard heart that was in the fall preview catalog that is coming out in July. I covered it with the same background paper and then coated it with crystal effects and sprinkled ultra fine glitter on it.

Then I looked at the card and decided it it needed something else and of course I did the doodle stitching around the edges. I don't have a sewing machine, otherwise I would have tried to sew around like my fried Cami has been doing lately. If you want to see some great sewing, check out her blog (listed on the right).

So there you have it. It took me an hour and a half to do this card but actually, it all came together in the last ten minutes !! But, now that I have the whole design down, I'm going to make a few more for my stash !! I hope you all like it.

3 comments:

Michelle (Prinny) said...

Stevie -- this card is soooo cute!! I love the colors!!

Bevie Pearl said...

what a cute card for your son's friend.

Memories of Time said...

TOO cute! I wish I had gotten this set, but now I'll wait. Thanks for making it torture babe! :)