Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Well, it has been a few days. It has been a bit hectic around here. I had a retired stamp sale this past weekend and did pretty good. I still have a lot to unload though !! UGH !! So my son came home to help me set up for a garage sale this weekend !! I sure hope that I get rid of a lot of stuff because I'm running out of room for everyday living !! Oh well, the frustration of minimizing the stuff didn't stop me from stamping. Here are the two creations that I came up with this evening.

The first is a birthday card that my son asked me to make for him. I used a Magenta cat stamp - just love the Magenta cats - and some SU retired designer paper. This is a gate fold card that I did with inspiration from Beate on SCS. It was fund= to do and I'm sure that I will try this one again. The paper piecing on the front is something that I have always wanted to try. I think I may do it again but it is a bit putsey. The ribbon, which didn't scan the right color, is from Starlit Studios and holds the card closed.

Here is the inside of the card. I wanted you to see how I ran the ribbon through the inside of the card through slits that I put in the creases of the card. I added the designer paper on the inside again because I just like the look and of course, it covered the ribbon.

My second card is an oldy that I forgot I had. I created the matt with the step punch with the corner guard removed. It was a bit putsey too but it still was fun to do. The flowers are not as bright as they appear and I did the centers with white liquid applique. Ribbon is just adhered with a glue dot. All stamps are retired.

Well, that's it for this evening. I have orders for a wedding card, a baby card and I have a wedding and an anniversary to get done for this weekend. So, I'll keep up with the posts as I complete them.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the nice weather. Have a great week and thanks for checking in ! :)

No comments: