Wednesday, July 25, 2007


Here is the card that I made for my husband's birthday. I love this dog but it is a horrible stamp. It is one that I bought at a stamp convention, unmounted and it doesn't stamp well. You have to put a lot of pressure on it to get a clear image. Seeing as how I was doing this at 1:30 a.m., I was having a hard time mustering up the strength to get a clear image.

The paper is the stuff that I purchased from the Costco find. I thought it went well for a man's card and the SU Close to Cocoa cardstock as an accent. I colored in the dog with Prisma color pencils.

The best part is I think he liked it !! LOL !! Men have a hard time expressing their likes - at least my man does but that's okay, I know he appreciates it.

My next post will be what I made for my "card" group, for our up north mini vacation. Now by "card" group I mean actual playing cards. We play sheepshead, a card came popular in Milwaukee and few other places in the Midwest. We have been playing cards together for over 30 years - can you believe it. Well, we meet every July in Wild Rose and spend three days of card playing, talking, eating, shopping, card playing, talking, eating and drinking !! LOL !! It is just a fun weekend.

I can't post what I made for this event because I just mentioned my blog to a very dear friend and she is going to check it out. I don't want to ruin the surprise !! So, I'll be posting sometime on Sunday and I'll catch you all up.

In the meantime, check out Beth's blog. The 19th of July she gave birth to her sixth baby and she is the most beautiful baby ever (or at least until the next one comes along!!) She posted picks and a great story of her time with her children before she had to go to the hospital. If we are not talking stamping, there is nothing better than talking about babies !

Enjoy the rest of your week.

2 comments:

Debbi T said...

Stevie, that's a GREAT man card!

Hey - maybe you can teach me that card game so I can "import it" to Canada!! :)

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my gosh! DH just had a b'day .. and this would have been soooo perfect! Your hubby just had to adore this! Look at that darlin' doggy!

~Tex