Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I must apologize for my absence. My household has been a bit hectic and it has taken me forever to get back to my stamp room. I was up there last night and made a cute journal for a co-worker who is retiring - unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it. Hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow. Tonight I have to make a sympathy card - I always procrastinate on those because if it is for someone I care about, I have to be careful of tears falling on my work !! But, it will get done and I'll feel better for doing it.

I have also had major computer problems. I think most of it is fixed now and it looks like I won't have to consider a new computer purchase for at least another year. So, for now I'm up and running and should be able to come back here a little more often than I have. I'm just a very bad blogger - need to correct that sometime soon !! LOL !!

I did manage to get my raised flower bed in (with most of the work being done by my husband and son). I still need more flowers, but I have to say it looks pretty good. My whole yard would finally be shaping up but unfortunately, I lost two trees. One from a terrible storm that we had and the other just didn't survive the winter. The big one won't be coming down until fall and I'm sure I'm going to cry over that one. It is my shade tree in the back yard. The little one is an ornamental tree in the front yard. It was a Rose of Sharon and I'm looking for something a bit hardier that can withstand our winters. It's amazing how this past winter has put us so far behind. Most of our major garden work is done in May, however, we had nothing but rain every time we had a day off!! Mother Nature sure played a lot of tricks on us this year.

So that is what it has been like in my household. I'll post some pictures soon, now that the ole 'puter is up and running !!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: