Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's

I hope that you all had a chance to spread the love on Valentine's Day. I know a lot of people say that it is a Hallmark Holiday, but those of us who make our own cards know better. And besides, I don't know how you feel about it, but I don't think that a lot of us say "I love you" to those we care about and for, often enough. So we assign a day to do that and I think that can be a good thing !!

We had another stamp camp last weekend and it was a huge success. I think everyone is so tired of this snow and they just wanted to get out and have fun. Here are the two cards that I contributed to our stamp camp. Both of them are very simple to make and yet were a big hit. Simple is hard for me so I was happy that I did accomplish it with something that I liked too!!


This card is my version of a monochromatic. The scan is light and even though I tried to adjust the contrast and colors in Adobe, this is the best I could do. All stamps for this card come from the Sale-A-Bration set Birthday Whimsy. The slanted tag says "Happy Birthday". I drew in the strings for the balloons with a Sakura glitter pen. I used the pen to highlight some of the areas of the balloons and the present. The third balloon I cut out and positioned with dimentionals. I also tied a silver embroidery thread to it and allowed it to hang loose. The background is the designer paper from SU and all colors are done in Soft Sky. The inside of the card says "and many more...."


This card is done in Groovy Guava and Certainly Celery. Background is stamped with Canvas and Sale-A-Bration's Friendship Blooms. The large flower from this set was stamped on Whisper White and then punched out with the scallop punch. The sentiment is mounted on DP in Groovy Guava and then Certainly Celery. I added a small flower brad from Oriental Trading in the center of the flower. It was then mounted on a larger scallop circle done with Nestabilities die cut system. The flower was mounted with dimentionals.

Two easy and fun cards - the kind that is nice to do and to keep in your home stash. Thanks for stopping by to take a look and I hope you all had a Love Filled Valentine's Day !! :)

3 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

I would love to go to stamp camp with you!! Love your cards.

Bev Gerard said...

Stevie ... I can just imagine the fun & success of your stamp camp! Some day, I hope you'll come to Texas for a fun stampin' weekend! No limits on this offer you know! *wink*

~Tex

Bev Gerard said...

STEVIE!!!!
OMGosh!! I received this beauty for my very own today!! See me Happy 2-Steppin'???!!!

Mmmmmmmmwaaaaaaaah! You are the BESTEST!! Love you!
Tex