Thursday, October 11, 2007

Well, I sure have been a little lax lately when it comes to blogging. I have so many things going on that I'm amazed that I get anything done. The first thing that I'm preparing for is a craft fair. This is something that I have never done before and I'm a bit nervous. Fortunately, I have a friend sharing my table - so I know that I won't look too empty !! LOL !! The craft fair is at a senior center near my home. It is open to the public and is only one day. So, I think that this is a good way to get my feet wet. For those of you who are in the vicinity - here are the details;

Craft Fair
Wilson Commons Senior Center
South 13th Street just on the other side of Wilson Park
Sunday November 18th
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

If any of you have the opportunity, stop by and say hi !! :)

That is going to be a really big weekend because I'm also going to a mini stamping retreat on Friday and Saturday before the craft fair. Now you understand my anxiety. I have to get ready for that with a shoebox design and everything has to ready to go for the craft fair. We will be getting home on Saturday early evening. To late to finish stuff up then !! :)

I did manage to put something together. Here is my first memory box.
I made it for a special bride. I know, it doesn't look like something you give to a bride but this bride is different. She loves fall colors and her entire wedding is going to be in fall earthy tones. So... in keeping with what she like, that is how I did the box.

It is covered in beautiful shades of brown and golden paper (not sure who the manufacturer is). The ribbons are varigated with a deep red, gold and green shades (Starlit Studio). The balloons that you see is where the bride can put a picture of her choice. The picture frame is slightly raised with demensionals. The ribbon loop at the top of the box is to pull out the picture backing easier. The metal book label says "heartfelt".

The inside of the box has a pocket on the cover. Inside the pocket I inserted two large tags. The tags can be used to frame a special photo or to do some memorable journaling. Anything that will be something that the bride & groom would like to remember of their special day. I also used a contrasting paper on the inside to add a little interest. It seemed to be a big hit at the shower and I'm sure that the bride loved it. She has been loving stamping and anything artistic and crafty since she was a little girl. She knows that I made the box special for her to put all the wonderful memories that she will gather on her special day. She is a beautiful young lady and she deserves to have something unique and special, made just for her.

Well, I hope to return soon with some of my craft fair items. Keep your fingers crossed so that I can stick to my agenda and have everything completed and ready to go.

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

1 comment:

Pam said...

OH MY, this is gorgeous Stevie!! Lucky girl!!!